My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Butterscotch Coconut Cookies

I made these cookies the other night for Chauncey's violin recital. Butterscotch and coconut go together really well, and these cookies are nice and moist inside.

Butterscotch Coconut Cookies

1 1/2 cups butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oatmeal
1 1/4 cups flour
1 package butterscotch chips
1 cup coconut

Heat oven to 350. In a bowl whisk the dry ingredients.

Cream butter and sugars for 1 minute. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Mix in the coconut and butterscotch chips.

Scoop onto a cookie sheet with a cookie scoop. Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove to a cookie sheet to cool.


4 comments:

adrienzgirl said...

These sound delicious! I love cookies. Thanks for stopping by my place. Please feel free to link up to Share a Spoon. All recipes are welcome!

Next week's theme for SaS Thursday will be Mexican in honor of Cinco de Mayo, but all recipes are always welcome!!

Ashley said...

These sound so yummy!! I never thought about butterscotch and coconut together but, as soon as I read your post it clicked!! Can't wait to make a batch! Thank you for sharing. :)

Holly Lefevre said...

Delicious and I bet they would not be in my house for too long. YUMMY! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Holly Lefevre said...

I just saw - as I was leaving my comment - the photo of your favorite things. I have that Little Red Riding Hood cookie jar!