My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I found this recipe over at Kara's Kitchen Creations and I popped in the kitchen and made them! This makes a big batch, so I baked a couple of cookie sheets full and put the rest of the dough in a covered bowl in the fridge. The next time I baked some up I cooked them for 10 minutes instead of 12 minutes and everyone liked them better.

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups butter, softened
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups freshly ground white wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups oats (I used quick oats)
2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients, oats, and chocolate chips. Mix well. Drop by rounded spoonfuls on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Notes:
-Make sure you use freshly ground white wheat flour. Hard red wheat or whole wheat flour from the store will NOT produce the same results.
-I had some leftover M&M's when I made the cookies this time. I used them in place of some of the chocolate chips. They were an even bigger hit with the kiddos.


3 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

Oats and freshly ground wheat flour sounds like it would make a healthy, fresh and delicious cookie!

oliviapaige said...

Those sound yummy! I will have to try them.

BTW. I got your blog info from the Cathy Scalise Amour Valentine Swap.

Vera
Olivia Paige

Unknown said...

sounds delicious and healthy!@