My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 1, 2010

No Cold Cereal at Our House and Rich Waffles

I don't know if I've told you this, but we don't eat cold cereal at our house. Everyone says that it doesn't fill them up. So, we've always had hot breakfasts. That's why I make so many pancakes, waffles and muffins, because they're the families favorites! So here is another great waffle recipe I tried out on them. They liked them! The batter was nice and fluffy, and the waffles turned out real light. This isn't much different than a lot of waffle recipes, but it does have more oil than I usually use.

Rich Waffles

1 3/4 cup flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups buttermilk, I soured milk with vinegar
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Heat a waffle iron.

In a bowl beat the eggs whites until stiff peaks form.

In a large bowl whisk the dry ingredients. Mix in the buttermilk, egg yolks, vanilla and oil. Fold in the egg whites.

Ladle onto hot waffle iron sprayed with Pam. Bake according to manufacturers directions. Keep warm in the oven while you bake the rest.



2 comments:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Our favorite find is the Beligian waffle maker that you flip over to make waffles. The egg whites do give this waffle a light, airy texture, which we love! You are such a good mom to bake in the morning ~ I'm a night owl!

The Home Ec Teachers Daugter said...

PS you won you won you won! so email me your address for you mystery prize along with some clues as to what you like so i can get you some goodies!