My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Luscious Lemon Pancakes



I love mystery books, and I've kind of gotten hooked on the ones with recipes in them! I found this recipe in Tamar Myers book Batter Off Dead. These pancakes are light and fluffy with a hint of lemon, yum oh! Oh, the book is really good, I need to finish it and quit cooking! Can you tell I've been on a lemon thing lately?

Luscious Lemon Pancakes


3 large eggs, separated
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cottage cheese
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest

In a bowl combine the egg yolks, four, cottage cheese, butter, sugar salt and lemon zest. In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until they form peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.

Heat a skillet and spray with Pam. Scoop batter by 1/2 cupfuls and cook until bubbly. Flip pancake and cook until golden. Serve warm with fruit and whipped cream. We used canned apple pie filling!






No comments: