My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Swim Team and Chocolate Puddles

Sorry, I decided to take the day off yesterday from blogging. I got up at 4am and ran 5 miles, then I made some breakfast for my family and then we went to the kids swim meet. This is a picture of their coach at one of their practices. They practice every evening for 1 hour and 15 minutes and they work really get a workout!

The kids did really well at the meet. Sloan did 3 events and beat her previous times in all three events! Chauncey was amazing! He swam 5 events and won 1st place in all 5 events beating his previous times also! He has turned out to be an amazing swimmer! Next year he can try out for the High School Swim Team! I'm so excited about that!

I just had to brag on my kids a little. Here's a new family favorite cookie recipe for you!


I found this recipe in a Country Woman Christmas cookbook. These cookies have a yummy chocolate and brown sugar flavor. You can't really even tell that there is oatmeal in these. The kids love these! I love that they look like a lot of work, but they are super easy! I'll be making these again! The chocolate filling is so yummy!


Chocolate Puddles


1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup miniature chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans, I left them out

Filling

1/2 cup (3 oz) chocolate chips
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk

In a saucepan heat the filling ingredients just until chips start to melt. Stir until smooth.

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl whisk the dry ingredients.

Beat the sugar and butter in a mixer for 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients and the chips. Drop onto cookie sheet with a cookie scoop. Take the end of a wooden spoon and make an indentation. Spoon some of the filling into the indentation. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until just set.

My daughter Jennie over at Tuffet has a story she shares about a very sick little girl (who has become like family to her) and a request for help. If you have a minute, please stop by her blog and watch the little video and see if you can help.



No comments: