My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Holiday Treat Party & Can't Leave Alone Bars

I joined up with Modern Country today to share in a Holiday Treat Party. Be sure and pop over to Modern Country and see all the treats that are shared!





I made these bars to take along with a dinner to a friends house who had a baby. I was having a super busy day and I needed something that was quick and easy, so I reached for my new Taste of Home's Fast Fix With Mixes Cookbook and found this recipe. It was super fast to put together, and everyone loved them! They are definitely true to their name!


Can't Leave Alone Bars


1 white cake mix, you could use yellow or chocolate would be yummy
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 can sweetened condensed milk
6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter, room temperature, cubed

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with Pam.

In a bowl mix the cake mix, eggs and oil. I used my hand mixer. Press two-thirds of the mixture into the pan.

In a smaller bowl place the sweetened condensed milk, chips and butter. Microwave for 45-60 seconds then stir well. Microwave again for 45-60 seconds and stir until melted and mixed really well. Pour over crust in pan. Take remaining dough and drop teaspoonfuls onto pan.

Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned. Cool before cutting.


No comments: