My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 27, 2009

The Turkey Trot Race and Cereal Muffins


This is Chauncey and me before the Salt Lake Turkey Trot race. He's wearing a turkey on his hat! I have run this race for the last few years with one of my boys. This is Chauncey's second time to run it with me!

This is coming downhill near the beginning. He's hard to see, but two people after the dog there is a guy wearing an Indian headdress and a loin cloth and no shirt! It was around 30 degrees out! This race has gotten so big that they had to divide it up and have two races at different starting points.



This is Chauncey and me nearing the finish!


This dog is got a turkey costume on! I really look forward to running this race every year!





I needed to use up some cereal we had in the cupboard and so I came up with this recipe. I put chocolate chips in them so Sloan would eat them, and the kids both loved them! Sorry, mine got a little dark!


Cereal Muffins


2 cups cereal, Corn Flakes, Rice Crispies, etc
1 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with Pam

Whisk all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Scoop into muffin tins with a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop. Bake 15-20 minutes.

There is a great giveaway for a pair of YMI Jeanswear jeans at Just For Me And You!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That's so fun that your son ran it with you this year. Our Turkey Trot was crazy crowded this year. Maybe having 2 starts is a good idea!

Maria said...

What a great breakfast!