My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Shoo Fly Coffee Cake


I found this recipe in my Betty Crocker Cookbook. I had never noticed it before! My family loves molasses so I knew I needed to try it. I did add the whole wheat flour and I changed the sour cream to yogurt to make it a little healthier.

Shoo Fly Coffee Cake


3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cup yogurt

Filling

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a tube pan with Pam or 2 9x5 loaf pans.

Cream the butter and the sugar for 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and molasses.

In a bowl whisk the dry ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.

Pour half of this mixture into your baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the filling. Pour remainder of batter over filling and sprinkle with the rest of the filling. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto a platter.


No comments: