My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

A race and Marinara Tortellini Soup and a Contest

This is Chauncey and Me before our Spooktacular 5k race yesterday morning.
It's fun having my son run with me!


This is me coming into the finish. I won 3rd place in my age group!

This is Chauncey finishing up. He came in just ahead of me. He stayed with me most of the way until the end.




I found these cute pumpkin bread bowls at Great Harvest Bread the other day! I thought they would be so fun for dinner, so I whipped up this soup with things I had on hand.


Marinara Tortellini Soup


1 jar marinara sauce
3 cups water
4 beef bouillon cubes or use beef stock in place of the water and bouillon
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot peeled and chopped
2 cups cooked tortellini

Simmer all the ingredients for 10 minutes. I served it in a pumpkin bread bowl.

My family ate before I could get a picture of the soup in the pumpkin bread bowls, but you can get the idea!

Hop on over to Wildflowers for a great giveaway!





1 comment:

Lori said...

What cute bread bowls and the soup looks really yummy! Thanks for stopping by and then linking up!