My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Bars With Chocolate Ganache and A Contest

I found this recipe over at Megan's Cookin and had to try it! Who can resist peanut butter and chocolate! Yum! Thanks Megan for another terrific recipe, my family loved them! I didn't have the honey roasted peanut butter so I used chunky peanut butter and I left out the honey roasted peanuts. I also just used a regular chocolate cake mix because I didn't want to run to the store.

Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Bars With Chocolate Ganache

1 Devil's Food Cake Mix, I used a chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup honey roasted peanut butter, I used regular chunky peanut butter
2 Tablespoons vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons whipping cream or milk
3/4 cup honey roasted peanuts, chopped, I left them out
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 12oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with Pam.

In a mixer, mix the cake mix, melted butter and egg. Pat into prepared pan and bake for 12 minutes. COOL COMPLETELY.

In the same mixer beat the peanut butter, butter and vanilla for 2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and peanuts and 2 tablespoons whipping cream and beat well.

Spoon and spread onto prepared crust and smooth out.

In a small pan heat the 1/3 cup whipping cream just to a boil. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips. Do not stir and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool 15 minutes and spread over filling. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until set. Cut into bars. Makes 48 bars.

This is my son Chauncey playing A River Flows in You by Yiruma. He really has enjoyed learning this piece.

There's another giveaway at Sweet Life In The Valley.


1 comment:

Jennie said...

Gorgeous! It's soooo sweet he did that video just for you :) I listened to it over and over. Love it!