My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 18, 2009

S'more Dessert Squares

I found this recipe over at Some What Simple blog and knew I had to try it! We love anything that tastes like s'mores! This is nice and light too. I made it with sugar free pudding and lite Cool Whip. My sweet hubby doesn't like sugar free things, so I played a little trick on him! I didn't eat any with the family, so he thought it wasn't sugar free! Tee Hee, I had a piece later! He thought it was really good!


S'more Dessert Squares

64 Nilla Wafers, divided
5 tablespoons butter, melted, I used 3 tablespoons
3 tablespoons sugar, I used Splenda
3-1/4 cups cold milk, divided
1 pkg. (4-serving size) Chocolate Instant Pudding, I used sugar free
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) White Chocolate Instant Pudding, I used sugar free
1-1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip, I used Lite
1-1/2 cups Miniature Marshmallows
1/2 squares Semi-Sweet Chocolate, grated

Heat oven to 350°F. Finely crush 40 of the wafers; place in medium bowl. Add butter and sugar; mix until well blended. Press firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 8 min. or until lightly browned; set aside.

Measure 1-1/4 cups of the milk into medium bowl. Add dry chocolate pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Spread over crust; top with remaining 24 wafers. Pour remaining 2 cups milk into large bowl. Add dry white chocolate pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread over wafer layer in pan. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until set.

Heat broiler just before serving. Top dessert evenly with marshmallows. Broil 1 min. or until marshmallows are puffed and lightly browned. Sprinkle with chocolate. Cut into 24 squares. Serve immediately. Store leftover squares in refrigerator.






1 comment:

Sharinskishe said...

I love toasted marshmallows! This dessert looks so delicious and fun.

I think we might be going to Strawberry with my parents sometime in the next month and this will be the last camping trip of this year. I will miss the toasted marshmallows- so this dessert comes at a perfect time. I will still be able to have toasted marshmallows from the comfort of my kitchen and be able to reminisce about our camping days this last summer!

I keep wanting to make a nice fire in our fire pit outside, but it seems to elude me as we don't have a patio or deck and for some reason it doesn't feel inviting. I need to work on this part of our yard. I want a fun place that is inviting and comfortable to retreat to.

Have a wonderful day, Carol. And a wonderful weekend too.

Shari