My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Butterscotch No Bake Cookies And A Few Crafts!



I made a couple of flower barrets yesterday. They were pretty easy! I used some silk flowers I already had and some barrets, then I just added the little jewels I had picked up at the dollar store.


This is Chauncey's Merit Badge Sash. I hate sewing patches on. They are so thick you can't get a pin in them to hold them in place. I used Alene's Jewel-it Glue. Usually you don't have to wash a sash anyway.



I'm not sure where I found this recipe, but I knew I had to make it for the family. I didn't know butterscotch and coconut go so well together! These are really easy to make!

Butterscotch No Bake Cookies

1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 cube butter
1 package butterscotch chips
3 1/2 cups quick oats
1/2 cup coconut, optional

In a saucepan cook the sugar, butter and milk until it boils. Boil 1 minute stirring constantly. Whisk in the butterscotch chips until smooth. Add quick oats and coconut and stir well. Drop onto a cookie sheet with a cookie scoop. Let set up before eating. Store in a covered container.


1 comment:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I love coconut and recipe sounds yummy! Those barrets are cute!

Manuela