My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Work For Me Wednesday and Lo-Cal Molasses Crinkles


I love to hang clothes out on the clothesline. Mmm, they smell so fresh and clean! I don't really like ironing, and tableclothes are the worst! I've found that they are pretty wrinkle free after hanging out on the clothesline, and they have a nice crispness too! It saves so much time and it's green too! It Works For Me! Head on over to We Are That Family and see what others are up to for Works For Me Wednesday! Hey, but first check out my cookie recipe!



I don't make cookies that are just for me very often. I'm always afraid I'll eat to many! I found this recipe in a Taste of Home Magazine a while back, and I decided to give them a try. I made a few changes. I used olive oil for the vegetable oil, and I added some whole wheat flour. I also used Splenda. The kids even liked these! They have a great ginger flavor too! I was right too, they didn't last long, but I had help eating them!

Lo-Cal Molasses Crinkles

1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
2 eggs
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon (the recipe called for 1 teaspoon, but I like a lot of cinnamon)
1 teaspoon ginger (the recipe called for 1/2 teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon cloves (the recipe called for 1/4 teaspoon)
1/4 cup sugar (I used Splenda)

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Put 1/4 cup sugar or Splenda in a small bowl.

In a bowl whisk the dry ingredients except the sugar.

In another bowl whisk the oil, molasses, eggs and sugar. With a mixer mix the dry ingredients with the wet until well mixed. Roll into balls and then roll in the sugar or the Splenda. Bake for 10-12 minutes.


The Wise Old Owl is celebrating 100 post with a contest! Go check it out!


2 comments:

Cheryl - Somewhat Crunchy said...

I used to have a clothes line, I LOVED it. I haven't had one since we moved 6 years ago :( I keep dropping hints but Hubby hasn't got it yet :)

Sharinskishe said...

These cookies look great. I am sure they smell wonderful too.

I love your clothesline. Your linens look so beautiful hanging up there.

Have a wonderful day.

Shari