My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Work For Me Wednesday and Easy Sour Cream Biscuits





I found this biscuit recipe in a cookbook I checked out at our library. I know, how am I ever going to get through all my cookbooks if I keep getting them from the library! I just have a thing for cookbooks! I love reading them, especially if they have pictures! Is that an addiction? Hmm, I'll have to think about that!

Anyway, these were really easy to make. They called for 1 cup of self rising flour, and I don't have any so I got out my little chart and it said to use 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt for every cup of flour as a replacement for self rising flour. So if you ever need to convert a recipe there's a good tip to keep. I have it posted on the inside of my baking cupboard. So, that's my Work For Me Wednesday tip!

I just tasted one of these now that it's sat in a baggie all night, and it taste a lot better than a regular baking powder biscuits that's a day old. I'll definitely be making these again!


Sour Cream Biscuits

1 cup flour, if you use self-rising flour, omit the baking powder and salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream

In a bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in sour cream with a fork until it starts coming together. Plop it all onto a floured counter and form it into a ball. Don't knead it or mess with it to much. Pat it out to about 3/4 inch thick. Cut out biscuits. I got about 6. Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Serve with butter and jam.

Now cruise on over to We Are That Family and see what everyone else is up to!


3 comments:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

I'm always looking for a good biscuit recipe. You can't go wrong with sour cream~

Jennie said...

Must have been a biscuity kinda day yesterday, I made some too :) If I have enough sour cream left over after I make that ice cream I'm going to try these. Love ya!

dana said...

I'm so glad you tried out the cards! They are my new standard for any gift now :).
PLEASE send me a link when you upload them!
And thanks for stopping by MADE :)
- dana