My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Sunday Hike, Sunflowers and Zucchini Brownies

We went on a little hike Sunday with some friends. This cement culvert was on the side of the trail, and I thought it was a great place for a picture!


Sloan and one of her friends picked some sunflowers for me! I thought they looked so pretty in this vase!



I came across this recipe in one of my cookbooks. I love a new way to use zucchini. Did I tell you I don't even have a garden! I have kind neighbors and friends who give me zucchini, and I hate to tell them no! I know this winter I'll look at it in the store and wish I still had some in the fridge! These went over really well with the kids. I love zucchini and chocolate, you can't even see the green! I'm so sneaky!

Zucchini Brownies

2 cups zucchini, grated
1/2 cup oil
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon soda
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam.

Beat the oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix in the zucchini.

In a bowl whisk the flour, cocoa, soda and salt. Mix in the wet ingredients.

Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.


No comments: