My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Crunchy Blueberry Tart


Don't you love berry season! I picked up some nice juicy blueberries at Costco the other day and once I read The English Kitchen the next day I knew just what to do with them!



Have you been to Marie's blog The English Kitchen? She's an amazing cook! Here's her recipe for Crunchy Blueberry Tart that I made, and my family loved it! My son Chauncey said he was to full to try it, but I told him he had to eat a piece because I had already dished it up and put whipped cream on it and it would go to waste because no one else was home. He said he'd eat since I forced it on him! When I came in later to get the plate it was all gone, and he said it was terrific!

I've never weighed out ingredients before, but once I got my little scale out I found out it was pretty easy. The amounts don't convert well to cup measurements, so I kept them in ounces.

Crunchy Blueberry Tart



For the crust

6 ounces butter, softened
6 1/4 ounces flour
4 3/4 ounces sugar
2 1/2 ounces quick oats

For the Filling

9 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup of blueberry jam (I used orange marmalade, Marie's suggestion)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch

For the Topping

3 ounces butter
4 ounces quick oats
4 3/4 ounces sugar
Whipped Cream or ice cream for serving

For the crust. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in the microwave. Whisk together the flour, sugar and oats. Add this mixture to the melted butter, stirring well to completely combine. Press the dough into a 10 inch tart tin with a removable bottom, I used my cheesecake pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.

To make the topping, melt the butter in the microwave. Whisk in the oats and sugar. Mix together well, and then set aside while you make the filling.

To make the filling, gently stir together the blueberries, jam and balsamic vinegar, mixing well. Stir in the cornstarch. Pour this mixture into the oat pastry crust.

Sprinkle the topping evenly over top and then place the tart onto a baking tray. Bake in the heated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.

Remove from the oven to a wire rack to cool. Remove the side from the pan before serving. Serve cut into slices with some whipped cream or ice cream.





1 comment:

test it comm said...

This blueberry tart sounds good!