My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blueberry Struesel Topped Muffins

I got up at 4am this morning to make these muffins for my kids. They love to have muffins before they go to swim team! So I got up early and left them out for them while I went to a class at my gym. When I got home from my class Chauncey was home and said his bike had issues and he couldn't ride it to the pool, so he sent his sister off for swim team. I asked him if he'd like to run hills with my friend and I and he said yes! It was fun to have him along, and we got in 5 1/2 miles. I'm not sure I liked it when he turned around and ran backwards in front of us, but he is 13 and full of energy!



Blueberry Streusel Topped Muffins

2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup blueberries

Streusel Topping

1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons firm butter

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with Pam. In a large mixing bowl measure the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder and whisk well. Add the egg, milk, oil and vanilla and beat with a wooden spoon until just mixed. Scoop into muffin tins with a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop. Poke some blueberries into the batter of each muffin. Make the streusel topping and sprinkle a heaping tablespoonful onto each muffin. Bake for 25 minutes. Let set in muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing.

Streusel Topping

In a small bowl whisk the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender.



No comments: