My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Strawberry Muffins

My kids are in a swim meet this morning, so I made muffins for breakfast. I think muffins are my kid's favorite breakfast! Pancakes would probably be right up there too. I love muffins because they are so easy to prepare. This recipe makes up more like a cake batter, but it's still pretty easy. Just make sure you have time to let the strawberries macerate (sit in sugar, so that they sweat and make a nice juice).

I was visiting another blog the other day and found this terrific looking recipe for strawberry muffins. Since I always have strawberries this time of year I decided to make some for breakfast. These muffins have a wonderful cake like texture. They were a big hit with my family! You get a wonderful burst of strawberry flavor with each bite.

Strawberry Muffins


1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar (use 2-3 tablespoons to macerate strawberries)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups diced strawberries (macerated)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with Pam. Macerate strawberries in a bowl with 2 - 3 tablespoons of the sugar from the 1 cup called for in the recipe. Let them set for 10 to 15 minutes.
In a mixing bowl cream the butter, remaining sugar with a hand mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla. In another bowl whisk the salt, baking powder and flour. Mix 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the butter egg mixture. Add 1/4 cup of the milk and mix, add another 1/3 of the dry ingredients and mix, add the other 1/4 cup milk and mix then add the last of the dry ingredients and mix well. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before removing them from the muffin tin. You can use foil cupcake liners.



No comments: