My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I cooked a pork roast

This picture doesn't have anything to do with my post today, but it's one of my favorite things! I love tea's and teapots! My collection has been growing, so we put up a this shelf recently. Another find from our local secondhand store!

I cooked a pork roast in the crock pot the other day. I just put a little salt, pepper and garlic on it and added a little water and cooked it on low all day. Then my dear husband shredded it all up with a couple of forks. I put half of it back it the crock pot to make Pork Chile Verde, one of my husbands favorite recipes. He likes to have it in a burrito with some beans and rice, then deep fried, which turns it into a chimmichunga! I made my own tortillas too, they are super easy to make. When I make the chimmi's I don't brown the tortillas, I just slip the whole thing into the hot oil.


Pork Chile Verde
2 cans cream of chicken soup
3 large cans chopped green Chile's
2 pounds cooked, shredded pork
1 chopped onion
Put everything in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours.

Tortillas
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup shortening
3/4 to 1 cup hot water
Put flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Cut in shortening, until small crumb. With a spoon stir in water until the dough just starts leaving the side of the bowl. With your hands knead the dough into a ball and knead in the bowl 3 to 4 times. Cover with a towel and let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour. When it's ready divide into 12 balls and roll each one on a floured surface to make rounds. Brown in a skillet sprayed with pan on medium until brown on both sides.



We like to have a little rice and re-fried beans with this also a little grated cheese. You can either eat them like a burrito or fry them. Sometimes I put a couple of toothpicks in to hold it together good before frying in hot oil. They don't need to cook long in the oil, just till golden brown.

No comments: