My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Doggy sitting and muffins!

We're doggy sitting for some friends, and today Sloan got out her bubbles. Bella loves to jump and eat them. Do you know how hard it is to get a picture of a dog jumping? Well, I couldn't get one! So here's some fun pictures of Sloan blowing bubbles and Bella chasing them. She really can jump quite high!







I found this oatmeal muffin recipe years ago in my Betty Crocker Cookbook, and it's been a family favorite! I did tweak it a bit over the years. We had leftovers tonight, but I like to throw in something that's not a leftover, so I whipped up these muffins!


Oatmeal Muffins

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup flour
1 cup quick oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup buttermilk (I soured milk with 1 tablespoon vinegar)
1 egg
1 tablespoon molasses (If you don't have it you can leave it out)

Put all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and whisk to mix. Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender. Add the egg, buttermilk, and molasses and mix just until it's all incorporated. Scoop into greased muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes.



No comments: